I signed up to the waiting list start of last year for the Horton waters, got a message yesterday to say a place has come available. Being honest I don't know that much about the waters but any advice be great. Send me a PM if you prefer.
In reply to Post #1
I've had one too,But I think I'm going to pass on it as I have to travel from the Midlands and it's uncertain time's at the moment.Going to spend my money on a few local day sessions through the year.
I've had one too,But I think I'm going to pass on it as I have to travel from the Midlands and it's uncertain time's at the moment.Going to spend my money on a few local day sessions through the year.
Do you lose your deposit if you turn it down or does it just defer to next year?
In reply to Post #1
Why did you put your name down for a water you know nothing about?
Why did you put your name down for a water you know nothing about?
In reply to Post #4
Maybe because it is full of big carp, is open access to all, waiting list and funds permitting, and probably didn't expect it to come through so quickly!
Maybe because it is full of big carp, is open access to all, waiting list and funds permitting, and probably didn't expect it to come through so quickly!
In reply to Post #5
Maybe
PS: how can it be both open access but have a waiting list ?
Maybe
PS: how can it be both open access but have a waiting list ?
In reply to Post #6
blonde moment
maybe I should have worded it like..... NOT A DEADMANS SHOES TICKET potentially accessible to anyone, dependent on waiting list demand, and available places, and funds.
blonde moment
maybe I should have worded it like..... NOT A DEADMANS SHOES TICKET potentially accessible to anyone, dependent on waiting list demand, and available places, and funds.
In reply to Post #7
In reply to Post #3
You can defer it to next year. I think if you just say no then you lose the deposit. There was a 3 year wait for a gold but a lot more tickets came up this year due to the uncertainty about the following year and who can move where.
My understanding of 'open access' was exactly that of RK. Open to anyone to put their name on the list and wait for a ticket. When your name comes up you get the ticket, no panel, no interview, no recommendation required.
Closed access being lakes where you have to go through a vetting/recommendation process just to even be considered for a waiting list.
You can defer it to next year. I think if you just say no then you lose the deposit. There was a 3 year wait for a gold but a lot more tickets came up this year due to the uncertainty about the following year and who can move where.
My understanding of 'open access' was exactly that of RK. Open to anyone to put their name on the list and wait for a ticket. When your name comes up you get the ticket, no panel, no interview, no recommendation required.
Closed access being lakes where you have to go through a vetting/recommendation process just to even be considered for a waiting list.
In reply to Post #9
Ok thanks
Ok thanks
In reply to Post #10
Just looked at price of the gold ticket so you can get on Horton . 1500 queens heads . Flipping hell
Just looked at price of the gold ticket so you can get on Horton . 1500 queens heads . Flipping hell
In reply to Post #3
You can defer it once then have to either lose the £100 you paid to go on the waiting list or take up the offer
You can defer it once then have to either lose the £100 you paid to go on the waiting list or take up the offer
In reply to Post #12
£150
£150
In reply to Post #13
That should put off the time wasters.
That should put off the time wasters.
In reply to Post #14
Would not pay that myself as not really that keen nowadays but i dont think that's excessive for some serious fishing
Would not pay that myself as not really that keen nowadays but i dont think that's excessive for some serious fishing