In reply to Post #60
I'm thinking that's area depending????
And not the whole of france ????
I'm off to abbey lakes so hopefully ok ???
I may be wrong normally am
I'm thinking that's area depending????
And not the whole of france ????
I'm off to abbey lakes so hopefully ok ???
I may be wrong normally am
In reply to Post #61
No idea mate, I have a few trips planned so looking for cover myself. You can imagine if France does shut down then the insurance will look for any little clause to not pay out
No idea mate, I have a few trips planned so looking for cover myself. You can imagine if France does shut down then the insurance will look for any little clause to not pay out
In reply to Post #60
As per information given further on the website. Its all dependent on FCO travel advice. Only if the FCO advises against travel to that area or Country.
Am I covered to cancel my trip if my destination has confirmed cases of coronavirus?
Having confirmed cases of the coronavirus doesn't always mean that a place is unsafe to travel to.
The Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) make this decision. They can advise against all, or all but essential travel if a place becomes unsafe to travel to because of a health outbreak.
You'd only be covered to cancel your trip if the FCO, WHO or local authorities hadn't issued any advice before you bought your policy with the optional Travel Disruption Extension and the FCO have now advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination.
As per information given further on the website. Its all dependent on FCO travel advice. Only if the FCO advises against travel to that area or Country.
Am I covered to cancel my trip if my destination has confirmed cases of coronavirus?
Having confirmed cases of the coronavirus doesn't always mean that a place is unsafe to travel to.
The Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) make this decision. They can advise against all, or all but essential travel if a place becomes unsafe to travel to because of a health outbreak.
You'd only be covered to cancel your trip if the FCO, WHO or local authorities hadn't issued any advice before you bought your policy with the optional Travel Disruption Extension and the FCO have now advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination.
In reply to Post #63
I'll give them a shout and get it clarified.
Will try get a carpforum discount code too for the amount of business they'll probably get!
I'll give them a shout and get it clarified.
Will try get a carpforum discount code too for the amount of business they'll probably get!
I have AXA coversure which covers the fishing side of it and travel disruption £40.00 a year for a type 2 diabetic.
In reply to Post #64
Can you update everyone when you've spoken to them mate? as I'm off to Croatia in May so need to get something sorted.
Can you update everyone when you've spoken to them mate? as I'm off to Croatia in May so need to get something sorted.
In reply to Post #66
Croatia is putting all foreigners coming from mass infected areas in 14 days quarantine... Uk is not on the list yet but just to remind you that it can happen...
Croatia is putting all foreigners coming from mass infected areas in 14 days quarantine... Uk is not on the list yet but just to remind you that it can happen...
In reply to Post #67
Cheers will watch out for that.
Cheers will watch out for that.
In reply to Post #68
I have a dilemma I have a trip booked for last week in May full lake booking we have paid £800 deposit and the balance of £1600 is due in the next couple of weeks . Do I
A pay it and risk losing £2400
B stick it on a horse in Cheltenham and hope it wins 😜
C try and work out a deal with the owner and say we will pay on arrival
Imo I think if trips had to be cancelled the least the owners could do is offer you a discounted trip at a later day
I have a dilemma I have a trip booked for last week in May full lake booking we have paid £800 deposit and the balance of £1600 is due in the next couple of weeks . Do I
A pay it and risk losing £2400
B stick it on a horse in Cheltenham and hope it wins 😜
C try and work out a deal with the owner and say we will pay on arrival
Imo I think if trips had to be cancelled the least the owners could do is offer you a discounted trip at a later day
In reply to Post #69
C
Depending on the response, A sorts itself.
C
Depending on the response, A sorts itself.
In reply to Post #69
Maybe try to get different date?
Maybe try to get different date?
In reply to Post #69
I've asked the venue I'm booked to go to next month about the situation and they said you'll need to claim on your insurance. Several lake owners were on this thread early on and they showed no desire to help out any anglers.
So assuming you get similar feedback it's just down to trying to get enough insurance cover and fingers crossed you won't need to try and make a claim.
I've spoken to Axa insurance and if I can't get to the lake in France due to movement restrictions and the FCO say do not travel there I'm covered.
This makes me very happy. I'll be gutted not to get to the venue but I'll get me money back and spend the week at me local Syndicate trying to hook that elusive common..
I've asked the venue I'm booked to go to next month about the situation and they said you'll need to claim on your insurance. Several lake owners were on this thread early on and they showed no desire to help out any anglers.
So assuming you get similar feedback it's just down to trying to get enough insurance cover and fingers crossed you won't need to try and make a claim.
I've spoken to Axa insurance and if I can't get to the lake in France due to movement restrictions and the FCO say do not travel there I'm covered.
This makes me very happy. I'll be gutted not to get to the venue but I'll get me money back and spend the week at me local Syndicate trying to hook that elusive common..
In reply to Post #69
Storming, I'd go with option C as at least you haven't handed over your cash which in the event you can't go would be difficult to get back directly through the lake owner
A bit crap for the lake owner too in that context but I would assume most business would have adequate insurance to cover such eventualities themselves
Storming, I'd go with option C as at least you haven't handed over your cash which in the event you can't go would be difficult to get back directly through the lake owner
A bit crap for the lake owner too in that context but I would assume most business would have adequate insurance to cover such eventualities themselves
In reply to Post #73
Will see how the next two weeks goes but I can't see the situation improving much I suppose we both have options he could let us pay the balance on arrival or tell us to do one then he has the lake place to refill but would anyone send £2400 the way things look at the moment ?
Will see how the next two weeks goes but I can't see the situation improving much I suppose we both have options he could let us pay the balance on arrival or tell us to do one then he has the lake place to refill but would anyone send £2400 the way things look at the moment ?
In reply to Post #66
Just an FYI for everyone here - I had a thorough conversation with Staysure and as long as you purchase the Disruption Extension and have the policy start before the WHO announce any travel advisories you will be covered.
Just an FYI for everyone here - I had a thorough conversation with Staysure and as long as you purchase the Disruption Extension and have the policy start before the WHO announce any travel advisories you will be covered.