CarpForum.co.uk brand mark, a blue stylized fish with a white eye and a smooth modern look, set in the site header against a clean background CarpForum.co.uk wordmark in a bold flowing script style, reading CarpForum.co.uk, displayed in the site header
Menu
Utils
Go Premium Who's Online Members Weather Venues Photo Gallery Articles Events calendar
Account
Login Register
Coronavirus and carping (292 posts / 26,244 views)
portlandgrey portlandgrey
Posts: 642
Post #181 17 Mar 2020 13:13
0
In reply to Post #177
Time will tell, but at the moment, their country, their rules.
BigYellowCroc BigYellowCroc
Posts: 2,157
Post #182 17 Mar 2020 14:58
0
In reply to Post #180
Nail has been hit on the head Ken .

It is all about insurances not paying out until travel restrictions are fully implemented.

Up till this morning UK residents COULD still travel therefore cancellations were at your own cost.
BigYellowCroc BigYellowCroc
Posts: 2,157
Post #183 17 Mar 2020 14:59
0
In reply to Post #174
You have totally missed the cost implication of cancelling any bookings until the ban is fully in place.
Not an easy decision for many , to just chuck away £500.
brugge brugge
Posts: 110
Post #184 17 Mar 2020 15:26
0
In reply to Post #179
From 12.00 noon today no fishing on public lakes and rivers. 135€ fine for all non essential travel.
AndyCarper82 AndyCarper82
Posts: 2,542
Post #185 17 Mar 2020 21:38
0
In reply to Post #184
This ends on April 1st?
Some venues are exempt due to their accommodation/gite business.

But the travel ban is in place till April 1st so this stops travelling to fisheries.
brugge brugge
Posts: 110
Post #186 18 Mar 2020 10:51
0
In reply to Post #185
Up until 1st April is at the moment, it could be another two weeks, another two months, another ?
Who Knows?
Toonster03 Toonster03
Posts: 9
Post #187 18 Mar 2020 13:30
0
In reply to Post #180
Due out 11th April. Insurance Co will not pay out as the lake I have booked has offered an alternative date. It's not ideal as the dates don't suit.
KenTownley KenTownley
Posts: 30,593
Post #188 18 Mar 2020 15:30
0
In reply to Post #182
I have not claimed back my fees as the venue has told me to come back as soon as it is possible with no further costs. I think that is fair enough and as far as I am concerned he is welcome to hold on to my money as he may need it to see him through what will clearly be a sticky season for both him and many other lake owners in France. This situation is unprecedented so we are all playing it by ear, clients and venues alike.
DavidGW
Posts: 771
Post #189 18 Mar 2020 20:07
0
In reply to Post #188
That´s a fair proposal Ken, but what do lakes (like my old venue) do that are fully booked 2 years in advance as quite a few are these days?
Andy_P Andy_P
Posts: 7,991
Post #190 18 Mar 2020 20:34
0
In reply to Post #189
Some are extending the season, if possible for this year, and starting earlier next year and closing later. Some individual anglers or pairs might be able to pick up odd spaces and where some lakes have a rest in August will stay open.
BigYellowCroc BigYellowCroc
Posts: 2,157
Post #191 19 Mar 2020 07:38
0
In reply to Post #190
Not sure it is really down to lake owners to do anything in the way of alternate dates / refunds.
They have running costs and shopping to buy ..............

When you go on holiday ........you take out insurance and that covers it.

Hotels don't phone you and offer this and that ............... You claim.

I have just had to cancel a French trip due to commence 28th March ..........Fully paid up 8 weeks ago.
For an insurance claim ,I could not cancel it until 17th March when the FCO actually pulled their finger from their behind and put the travel restriction in place.

I have also ( of my own accord ) pulled the plug on a trip to a well known pleasure angling venue in the South West, due to take place in May. Cost to my group for that ....£85 each in non recoverable deposits , as the full balance is due next week , and at this time there is no ruling in place. I just don't want the venue coping another grand and adding to the plight of the insurance companies , should I be able to claim in the next few weeks.........
The venue has drawn up a lengthy Covid 19 rules page , which basically in our opinion does not meet the criteria of the package offered at the time of our booking, nor does it fully understand just how bad things will become with regards to travel and self isolation in the coming weeks.

Andy_P Andy_P
Posts: 7,991
Post #192 19 Mar 2020 10:51
0
In reply to Post #191
I just answered the question Ian

darkoL darkoL
Posts: 1,822
Post #193 20 Mar 2020 05:00
0
In reply to Post #192
Dont think travelling abroad will be the same for some time... Cant imagine a country letting people arrive without quarantine or similar... Nobody will want to risk another sh... storm once this settles down whenever that will be...
ajs55 ajs55
Posts: 451
Post #194 20 Mar 2020 23:40
0
In reply to Post #193
I have trips to France booked for May and September. Be very surprised if we get to France this year.
dorymaster dorymaster
Posts: 1,427
Post #195 21 Mar 2020 11:45
0
In reply to Post #194
April trip obviously gone and like you now think our August trip is looking very unlikely.
Are you sure?

This action cannot be undone.

Yes, continue

Loading…